Skip to main content

Alter Ego



You could be tall or you could be slim. 
You could be her or you could be him?
You could be black or you could be blue.  
Who would you be if You weren't You?

You could be creepy or you could be clean.
A Mexican mobster or African Queen?
You could be nice or you could be mean.
Your hair would be red or would it be green?

Could you be sinister or would you be nice?
Whose shoes would you wear if you were walking on ice?
You could be Starsky and he could be Hutch?
You could be scary and he would be Dutch?

Mermaid, were wolf or haggy witch.
What would happen if the spectrum were to switch?
Ogre, wart hog or Peter Pan.
Hollywood starlette or rich old man?

"What happens now?" you might want to ask.
Where are the clear cut answers to this task?

Be the best you can be at all times!
Be sure to listen and watch for the signs!

Stay true to yourself,
Be calm and cool
Whoever you be
Don't be a fool!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's a little bit country. She's a little bit rock 'n' roll

I bought this piece from a guy named Jake. I saw it advertised and loved it, so I called him right away to inquire and we spoke about it for a few minutes.  He owns a bike repair shop in Denver and didn't have the space for it anymore - I texted him the next day and what turned out to be the day after to reiterate my intentions.  I really wanted it, but wasn't able to get up there till later in the week... would he hold it for me?  Turns out I wasn't able to pick it up at all... and a week or two passed.  Fortunately for me, when I texted him again, apologizing for my absence..and, was it still available, he said yes.    I was really attracted to it's Mid-century modern shape.  Jake (a cool, young dude with tattoos, a wild head of hair and a bushy beard) told Russ (who so kindly picked it up for me on his way home from work) that he had "painted it black a few years ago" as they worked together to load it into the truck.  The thing is heavy...

Re- Purposeful

  One of my recent projects has been a new frame for a gorgeous hand painted watercolor I bought when in Yuma for Christmas.  My "Mom" (and friend), the fun and adorable Doris and I did a little shopping and had a blast!  We were just out and about looking for "stuff"... I've been a closet junk shopper for a few decades now...    I guess I first started hunting on my own when I was in my first year at WSU; around that time my friend Jackie introduced me to a gal who lived on her dorm floor.  Her friend Jennifer collected vintage dresses and I recall thinking it was an interesting but odd thing to collect.  I definitely didn't like the idea of wanting a closet full of musty old dresses... but I also remember the pride she had while showing off her marvelous collection.  She told me she found her dresses at thrift stores and Estate sales.  Hmmm! I rem...

The Psychology of the Fast Lane

Our world is taking us on a ride in the fast lane.  Everything is a blur.  We are in such a hurry to get to our destination that we don’t even take the time to look at the passing roadside anymore.  We are in a race to get “there”, but really, where are we heading? A lot of times we get on the road and head right over to that left hand lane, even if we can’t get up to the required speed.  Unknowingly, we slow down those behind us.  It might be the lane that we think we want to be in; the lane we deserve to be in (?) without realizing what is expected while there?  Perhaps those pages in the instruction manual were missing when we were handed the book?  Not sure if life comes with an instruction manual?  We probably didn’t all read the same book anyway? Over time, we learn the rules.  Do we have what it takes?  Would it be easier to avoid it all together?  In general, we are all capable of being there, but we need to kn...