Skip to main content

New Chapter


Don’t worry she said.  To no one but herself.  Her mom had recently passed away and-but

Everything’s going to be Okay.  Everything always has a way of making itself into okay.
Everything has a way of being okay.  

After all, is life about suffering?
Is life about worrying 
or 
is it about wondering?

My head’s been in the clouds lately.  The turmoil has been like a thunderous night.   Waiting.  In anticipation for the rain.  

You can’t buy love, but you can buy handmade, and that’s kind of the same thing.
Is this fiction, or is it fact?  She had always taught the importance of giving from the heart. 

Hold on.  I gotta sit down, she thought.
Everything’s going to Come Up Rosie.
That’s how life is.
A bowl of consequences.

Things always have a way of working themselves out, though.
There are trials.
There are tribulations.
There are triumphs.
And there are failures.

She had taught her a lot.  Wisdom.  Respect.  Integrity.  Patience.
And of course, Love.
That’s what life’s about, right?  

You take the good with the bad.
The happiness with the sorrow.
You just strive for the best.
It’ll all come up Rosie.

I’m tired she thought.
It’s all so tiring.  
But you gotta go on.
It’ll be okay.
Just go on with your day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's a little bit country. She's a little bit rock 'n' roll

I bought this piece from a guy named Jake. I saw it advertised and loved it, so I called him right away to inquire and we spoke about it for a few minutes.  He owns a bike repair shop in Denver and didn't have the space for it anymore - I texted him the next day and what turned out to be the day after to reiterate my intentions.  I really wanted it, but wasn't able to get up there till later in the week... would he hold it for me?  Turns out I wasn't able to pick it up at all... and a week or two passed.  Fortunately for me, when I texted him again, apologizing for my absence..and, was it still available, he said yes.    I was really attracted to it's Mid-century modern shape.  Jake (a cool, young dude with tattoos, a wild head of hair and a bushy beard) told Russ (who so kindly picked it up for me on his way home from work) that he had "painted it black a few years ago" as they worked together to load it into the truck.  The thing is heavy...

Re- Purposeful

  One of my recent projects has been a new frame for a gorgeous hand painted watercolor I bought when in Yuma for Christmas.  My "Mom" (and friend), the fun and adorable Doris and I did a little shopping and had a blast!  We were just out and about looking for "stuff"... I've been a closet junk shopper for a few decades now...    I guess I first started hunting on my own when I was in my first year at WSU; around that time my friend Jackie introduced me to a gal who lived on her dorm floor.  Her friend Jennifer collected vintage dresses and I recall thinking it was an interesting but odd thing to collect.  I definitely didn't like the idea of wanting a closet full of musty old dresses... but I also remember the pride she had while showing off her marvelous collection.  She told me she found her dresses at thrift stores and Estate sales.  Hmmm! I rem...

The Psychology of the Fast Lane

Our world is taking us on a ride in the fast lane.  Everything is a blur.  We are in such a hurry to get to our destination that we don’t even take the time to look at the passing roadside anymore.  We are in a race to get “there”, but really, where are we heading? A lot of times we get on the road and head right over to that left hand lane, even if we can’t get up to the required speed.  Unknowingly, we slow down those behind us.  It might be the lane that we think we want to be in; the lane we deserve to be in (?) without realizing what is expected while there?  Perhaps those pages in the instruction manual were missing when we were handed the book?  Not sure if life comes with an instruction manual?  We probably didn’t all read the same book anyway? Over time, we learn the rules.  Do we have what it takes?  Would it be easier to avoid it all together?  In general, we are all capable of being there, but we need to kn...