Skip to main content

New Chapter


Don’t worry she said.  To no one but herself.  Her mom had recently passed away and-but

Everything’s going to be Okay.  Everything always has a way of making itself into okay.
Everything has a way of being okay.  

After all, is life about suffering?
Is life about worrying 
or 
is it about wondering?

My head’s been in the clouds lately.  The turmoil has been like a thunderous night.   Waiting.  In anticipation for the rain.  

You can’t buy love, but you can buy handmade, and that’s kind of the same thing.
Is this fiction, or is it fact?  She had always taught the importance of giving from the heart. 

Hold on.  I gotta sit down, she thought.
Everything’s going to Come Up Rosie.
That’s how life is.
A bowl of consequences.

Things always have a way of working themselves out, though.
There are trials.
There are tribulations.
There are triumphs.
And there are failures.

She had taught her a lot.  Wisdom.  Respect.  Integrity.  Patience.
And of course, Love.
That’s what life’s about, right?  

You take the good with the bad.
The happiness with the sorrow.
You just strive for the best.
It’ll all come up Rosie.

I’m tired she thought.
It’s all so tiring.  
But you gotta go on.
It’ll be okay.
Just go on with your day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copper Colorado

My mixed media piece, Copper Colorado, was completed in two separate phases.   My canvas was Phase One.  He came home with this plank that had been considered construction rubbish. When he told me it was a tread from someone's porch steps, I was intrigued. I began to scrutinize it and noticed a smudge of antique copper paint that had been stomped into the grain, but no one had managed to stomp it off over its many years.  I noticed its receded soft grains which moved like canyon rivers and its hard grains became imposing Colorado Mesas above. I was motivated to uncover its textural treasures, and I cleaned it up as if I were an archeologist, so as not to disturb any of its landscape, but rather amplify it as is.  The paint smudge remained and became integral. Phase Two was my realization of the purpose of the plank, which happened three or four years later. I stumbled upon some old battery cables that had big, gnarly terminals, and, more importantly, the copper wires were still sle

Unexpected Neighbors - Chapter 1

We got some new neighbors this year.    "This isn't really their hood" I thought as he shooed them away.  The first time was out in the east grove, right when you come around the corner.  They were tucked in toward the house, so passersby on the road may not have noticed, but we did. A few days later they were back, it is Springtime after all.  Not in the exact location, but a few trees over.  Those darn magpies!  The next morning they returned to find chaos instead of their finely woven structure, but they were determined that this was the place - only to be foiled once again. We didn't see them for a few days, but then one morning there they were, out there talking.  How could all of their hard work keep tumbling down?  They hadn't noticed it to be too windy when they'd left the night before?  They hadn't seen any creatures lurking about that would create such havoc! A few mornings later they arrived for yet another visit.   Being very persi
Welcome!!  My name is Shelley.  I live in a log house here in the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains..  I've been doing some remodeling to my home.  It's been a lot of fun, and I'm photo journaling my adventure!  Thanks for joining me!!