Skip to main content

When we finish.. we begin

This week is going so fast!  This LIFE is going so fast...  I am dizzy from all the craziness!  Have you ever felt that way?  I was downsized at my job - this Friday is my last day.  I've had a month to brew on this situation.  I've had 27 days now to mull it over... and, at times, I'm still mulling it over, but I'm also ready to begin my ascent back up the mountain ...


I will say that hope does die hard...  I interviewed for the position that will swallow up all of the soon-to-be-eliminated positions.  I created my appointment to speak with someone in HR.  Said person called me and I auditioned.  I nervously yet confidently spoke my answers to her generic questions...  knowing I had worked hard all those years to get them to Believe.  My job was to EMPOWER them... a task that I had taken very seriously.  After the call, I still had my hope; I still felt that little pinprick in my heart.  Deeper down... down private corridors and into the dark closets of my inner thoughts, I knew that it wasn't going to be...  I knew it wasn't meant to be...

As I think about how far I've come in fulfilling my responsibilities there, I do feel really proud.  I GREW there... I CHANGED there... my life changed there!  Those women EMPOWERED ME - and for that I am most grateful.  The Company may have downsized me... but I discovered things about myself throughout the time that I was there that makes me feel strong - and capable of thundering through even the most villainous of storms!  I'm a believer that when one door closes, another one opens...  I just have to keep reassuring myself that Everything is going to be OKAY!!

I have feelings of acceptance now... the reactions we experience when going through loss can be numbing... but the lesson learned here is to just keep on keeping on.  Poco a Poco as Russ and I like to say...little by little... that's all we can do, right?  I guess when we finish, we really just begin?  I still have my hope...

Adios for now ..
S.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's a little bit country. She's a little bit rock 'n' roll

I bought this piece from a guy named Jake. I saw it advertised and loved it, so I called him right away to inquire and we spoke about it for a few minutes.  He owns a bike repair shop in Denver and didn't have the space for it anymore - I texted him the next day and what turned out to be the day after to reiterate my intentions.  I really wanted it, but wasn't able to get up there till later in the week... would he hold it for me?  Turns out I wasn't able to pick it up at all... and a week or two passed.  Fortunately for me, when I texted him again, apologizing for my absence..and, was it still available, he said yes.    I was really attracted to it's Mid-century modern shape.  Jake (a cool, young dude with tattoos, a wild head of hair and a bushy beard) told Russ (who so kindly picked it up for me on his way home from work) that he had "painted it black a few years ago" as they worked together to load it into the truck.  The thing is heavy...

Re- Purposeful

  One of my recent projects has been a new frame for a gorgeous hand painted watercolor I bought when in Yuma for Christmas.  My "Mom" (and friend), the fun and adorable Doris and I did a little shopping and had a blast!  We were just out and about looking for "stuff"... I've been a closet junk shopper for a few decades now...    I guess I first started hunting on my own when I was in my first year at WSU; around that time my friend Jackie introduced me to a gal who lived on her dorm floor.  Her friend Jennifer collected vintage dresses and I recall thinking it was an interesting but odd thing to collect.  I definitely didn't like the idea of wanting a closet full of musty old dresses... but I also remember the pride she had while showing off her marvelous collection.  She told me she found her dresses at thrift stores and Estate sales.  Hmmm! I rem...

The Psychology of the Fast Lane

Our world is taking us on a ride in the fast lane.  Everything is a blur.  We are in such a hurry to get to our destination that we don’t even take the time to look at the passing roadside anymore.  We are in a race to get “there”, but really, where are we heading? A lot of times we get on the road and head right over to that left hand lane, even if we can’t get up to the required speed.  Unknowingly, we slow down those behind us.  It might be the lane that we think we want to be in; the lane we deserve to be in (?) without realizing what is expected while there?  Perhaps those pages in the instruction manual were missing when we were handed the book?  Not sure if life comes with an instruction manual?  We probably didn’t all read the same book anyway? Over time, we learn the rules.  Do we have what it takes?  Would it be easier to avoid it all together?  In general, we are all capable of being there, but we need to kn...